Friday 2 November 2007

You think Time is just a magazine

Irrelevant title but a great line from the new Eagles Album.
Well, last night was quite random. The work harem were playing silly buggers so I took up my friend E 's idea of gatecrashing her mates. E is cute, pretty, smart. She says she does n't have a boyfriend. When we're together we have easy, fun, flirty chat. Never gone further. I think she invited me down to stay with her between xmas and new year, unsure cos I was a bit pissed. Note to self - check that later -
Good, low key night but Alex seems to do the wrong thing at the wrong time.

This is the conversation at the bar. I swear it. The others had gone out to have a fag while I was ordering drinks.
Me 'Hi, 4 pints of Kronenburg and a bottle of Shiraz, please.'
Bargirl, stops and staring 'OMG, you 're so intense, wow, I like it'
Bargirl is stroking my arm as I lean on the bar.
I mean, you just don't do that, do you? It was me that was pissed, not her!
Bargirl 'I'm finishing in 20 minutes'
Me - dumb fuck- 'give me your mobile number' why oh why.
Bargirl 'Someone's waiting for me when I finish'
E, returning 'What's the matter?'
Me 'Nothing, nothing at all'

I walk away. WTF is going on? What aura am I radiating?

Focus, Alex, focus.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, focus is good, but first you have to figure out what you are focusing on...

We're Only Animals said...

Alex I really love ya, but today I have to call you a twat xxxxxxx

Blog Archive said...

Awwww... honey, you've just been out of the game too long. Nothing a little practice won't cure. Here's what you say if you are a MAN IN NEW YORK:

"Well, then I guess we've got 20 minutes. I don't need longer than that, do you?" And you grab her tits.

But yeah, next time I would just recommend flirting instead of asking for her number. I think you figured that out. Just flirt. Flirting feels good. Lesson learned.

alex wandered said...

agreed, agreed, agreed. whatever..
but, no, you're right of course.

Marcelle - I'm on my way!!